Tag Archives: suspect

Providence murder, dismemberment suspect ordered held without bail

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The young man accused of a gruesome murder returned to court Wednesday following a grand jury indictment.

David Deleon, 20, is accused of shooting and killing a man he knew, Dakota Gosselin, 21, back in November. Deleon is also accused of dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire to dispose of it in Lincoln.

Providence Police had been called to a Gordon Avenue address back on Nov. 20, 2016, to investigate reports of gunshots, and found a bloody crime scene, but no victim.

Later that day, firefighters came upon Gosselin’s remains while battling a brush fire on Lincoln Meadows Drive in Lincoln.

Dakota Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016 in a vacant

Read more at: http://wpri.com/2017/05/31/providence-murder-dismemberment-suspect-ordered-held-without-bail/

Suspect killed woman in ‘random shooting’ – The Union

A 35-year-old Milledgeville man accused in the execution-style shooting death of a woman at a local store Tuesday afternoon had previously been arrested six times since 2002, The Union-Recorder has learned.

Two of the victim’s grandchildren, an 8-year-old third-grader at an elementary school in Baldwin County, and his 6-year-old sister, a first-grader at the same school, witnessed the tragedy, Baldwin County Sheriff Bill Massee said.

While family and friends continue mourning the loss of Rita “Faye” Heron, they will gather this afternoon (Saturday) to pay their final respects at her funeral. It is set for 4 p.m. in the chapel of Williams Funeral Home in Milledgeville. The Rev. Tim Thomas will officiate.

Family will greet friends and others at the funeral home from 3 p.m. until time for the service, and then immediately after the service.

An educational fund has been set up at Century Bank Trust in Milledgeville. A GoFundMe account has

Read more at: http://www.unionrecorder.com/news/suspect-killed-woman-in-random-shooting/article_2444e080-448b-11e7-a4b8-bff108cb08a0.html

Alleged homicide suspect identified; was boarder at victim’s Middleton home, police say

Whenever Rob Schultz | Wisconsin State Journal posts new content, you’ll get an email delivered to your inbox with a link.

Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items.

Read more at: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime/alleged-homicide-suspect-identified-was-boarder-at-victim-s-middleton/article_d5104376-20ab-5a38-81ab-4840b78c554f.html

Suspect in slayings of Columbia mother and daughter waives extradition

The California man accused of killing a Columbia mother and her 3-year-old daughter in 2011 has waived extradition and will return to South Carolina, according to officials.

Kenneth Canzater Jr., 33, of Perris, Calif., will be charged with the murders of Candra Alston, 25, and her daughter Malaysia Boykin, officials have said. Canzater was arrested in Corona, Calif., last month and is jailed in Riverside, Calif.

Canzater has waived his right to an extradition hearing, according to Columbia Police Department spokesperson Jennifer Timmons. That means he will not fight extradition and will return to South Carolina sooner rather than later.

A representative for the U.S. Marshals Service would not comment on when Canzater may return to South Carolina.

Alston and Malaysia were found dead in Alston’s home at Brook Pines Apartments off Broad River Road on Jan. 9, 2011, in what Chief Skip Holbrook

Read more at: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article143929824.html

1 Suspect Dead, 1 In Custody After Deadly Shooting Of St. Paul Family

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) — St. Paul police have a 23-year-old man in custody following the murder of his ex-girlfriend and her family.

They arrested him two hours after the shootings hiding in a nearby shed with the couple’s 18-month-old child.

The killings happened in an apartment building at the corner of English Street and Larpenteur Avenue on the city’s east side.

Police were called to the scene around 1 a.m. where they discovered three dead and another woman injured.

Police are still trying to piece together this horrific murder scene and tell WCCO they believe two young men were responsible.

One of those suspects was found outside dead, the other is now in jail.

wade mcintosh maria and olivia 1 Suspect Dead, 1 In Custody After Deadly Shooting Of St. Paul Family

Wade McIntosh,

Read more at: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/04/07/fatal-shooting-st-paul-lake-phalen/

Police: Sacramento quadruple homicide suspect confessed to cousin

A week after a quadruple homicide stunned a south Land Park neighborhood, Sacramento police said the suspect initially confessed to the crime to his cousin.

Salvador Vasquez-Oliva, 56, called his cousin last week who then called police and repeated what he’d learned, Capt. Dave Peletta said.

“Our suspect had come to his house earlier in the morning and confessed to something very horrific,” Peletta said. “The complainant then called us and said, ‘It’s very unusual, he’s a relative of mine, but I hadn’t seen him for an extended period time. So, it was very odd that he would come here and throw this out on me.’”

When officers arrived at the home, they picked the lock and discovered, what Peletta described as, a “horrific crime scene.”

Peletta told this information to a group of neighbors gathered for a community meeting Wednesday night, six days after the

Read more at: http://www.kcra.com/article/police-sacramento-quadruple-homicide-suspect-confessed-to-cousin/9206586

Serial killer key suspect in horrific thrift shop killing of Renita Brunton

A serial killer has been identified as a key suspect in the unsolved cold case killing of Victorian thrift shop owner Renita Brunton.

In Wednesday night’s Million Dollar Cold Case, sadistic killer Peter Dupas was revealed as a suspect in a fourth murder with police now offering a $1 million reward for information on Ms Brunton’s death.

The married mother-of-one was murdered inside her second hand clothing store in the middle of the day on a busy Sunbury shopping strip back in 1993.

Dupas is currently serving three consecutive life sentences for murder.

Renita Brunton was murdered in 1993. Picture: 7 News
Serial killer Peter Dupas has been linked to the case. Picture: 7 News

According to police, Ms Brunton’s killer would have left the scene

Read more at: https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/34759079/serial-killer-peter-dupas-linked-to-1993-murder-of-melbourne-woman-renita-brunton/