Tag Archives: murder

Van Breda murder trial hears horrific evidence

Marli van Breda, the former Perth schoolgirl who survived a horrific family massacre, put up a big fight against the axe-wielding culprit, judging by the defensive wounds she suffered, a pathologist told a South African court.

Harrowing evidence emerged this week in the Western Cape High Court, including that it likely took nearly three hours for Marli’s oldest brother Rudi van Breda to succumb to his massive injuries.

Their other sibling, Henri van Breda, is standing trial, after pleading not guilty to murdering their parents Martin, 54, and Teresa, 55 and his 22-year-old brother Rudi as well as attempting to murder then-16-year-old Marli in the family’s home in the exclusive De Zalze estate in Stellenbosch in January 2015.

Forensic pathologist Dr Daphne Anthony said Marli had suffered multiple defensive wounds on her hands and

Read more at: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/van-breda-murder-trial-hears-horrific-evidence-ng-b88489270z

Van Breda murder trial hears horrific evidence | The West Australian

Marli van Breda, the former Perth schoolgirl who survived a horrific family massacre, put up a big fight against the axe-wielding culprit, judging by the defensive wounds she suffered, a pathologist told a South African court.

Harrowing evidence emerged this week in the Western Cape High Court, including that it likely took nearly three hours for Marli’s oldest brother Rudi van Breda to succumb to his massive injuries.

Their other sibling, Henri van Breda, is standing trial, after pleading not guilty to murdering their parents Martin, 54, and Teresa, 55 and his 22-year-old brother Rudi as well as attempting to murder then-16-year-old Marli in the family’s home in the exclusive De Zalze estate in Stellenbosch in January 2015.

Forensic pathologist Dr Daphne Anthony said Marli had suffered multiple defensive wounds on her hands and

Read more at: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/van-breda-murder-trial-hears-horrific-evidence-ng-b88489270z

Jury issues indictment for man accused of murder, burning body in Lincoln field

PROVIDENCE – On Wednesday, a Providence grand jury issued an indictment against a man accused of murder, dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire in a Lincoln field.

David DeLeon was charged with the murder of Dakota Gosselin last year, after Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016, in a field along Lincoln Meadows Drive.

DeLeon’s indictment includes the following charges:

• One count of murder
• Mutilation of a human body
• Discharge of a firearm while committing a crime of violence
• Failure to report a death
• Possession of a firearm without a license
• Possession with intent to deliver marijuana
• Possession of a firearm while in possession of a controlled substance

As reported previously by The Breeze, Gosselin’s body was found in a brushfire along Lincoln Meadows Drive by firefighters, and the medical examiner’s office later determined Gosselin died of a gunshot wound to the head.

He

Read more at: http://www.valleybreeze.com/2017-05-25/cumberland-lincoln-area/jury-issues-indictment-man-accused-murder-burning-body-lincoln

Grand jury indicts man accused of murder, burning body

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — A Providence grand jury Wednesday handed out a murder indictment against a man accused of shooting and killing a man in the city last year, then dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire.

The indictment against David DeLeon includes a laundry list of charges, including one count of murder; one count of discharge of a firearm while committing a crime of violence; one count of failure to report a death; one count of possession of a firearm without a license; one count of possession with intent to deliver marijuana; one count of possession of a firearm while in possession of a controlled substance; and one count of mutilation of a human body.

The charges stem from the murder of Dakota Gosselin, 21, on Nov. 20, 2016.

Dakota Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016 in a vacant

Read more at: http://wpri.com/2017/05/24/grand-jury-indicts-man-accused-of-murder-burning-body/

Grand jury indicts man accused of murder, burning body | WPRI 12 …

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — A Providence grand jury Wednesday handed out a murder indictment against a man accused of shooting and killing a man in the city last year, then dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire.

The indictment against David DeLeon includes a laundry list of charges, including one count of murder; one count of discharge of a firearm while committing a crime of violence; one count of failure to report a death; one count of possession of a firearm without a license; one count of possession with intent to deliver marijuana; one count of possession of a firearm while in possession of a controlled substance; and one count of mutilation of a human body.

The charges stem from the murder of Dakota Gosselin, 21, on Nov. 20, 2016.

Dakota Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016 in a vacant

Read more at: http://wpri.com/2017/05/24/grand-jury-indicts-man-accused-of-murder-burning-body/

Ian Bush found guilty of three counts of first-degree murder in tax judge slaying

Ian Bush has been found guilty of three counts of first-degree murder in the gruesome killings of retired tax court judge Alban Garon, his wife, Raymonde, and their neighbour, Marie-Claire Beniskos.

The verdict was delivered Wednesday in an Ottawa courtroom.

In 2007, the three were beaten and suffocated to death with plastic bags in the Garon’s Riverside Drive condo.

The 77-year-old former judge, his 73-year-old wife and Beniskos, 78, were found in a pool of blood on the living-room floor the day after the killings by a worried relative. Alban Garon had a plastic bag over his head, and a hangman’s noose around his neck.

After linking Bush to the killings in 2015, police searched his home and seized a toolkit for murder, which included duct tape, rubber gloves, a sawed-off rifle, ammunition and plastic bags.

Ottawa police also found a handwritten journal, anchored in the ramblings of a man who wrote that

Read more at: http://www.countyweeklynews.ca/2017/05/17/ian-bush-found-guilty-of-three-counts-of-first-degree-murder-in-tax-judge-slaying

Ian Bush found guilty of three counts of first-degree murder in tax judge slaying

Ian Bush has been found guilty of three counts of first-degree murder in the gruesome killings of retired tax court judge Alban Garon, his wife, Raymonde, and their neighbour, Marie-Claire Beniskos.

The verdict was delivered Wednesday in an Ottawa courtroom.

In 2007, the three were beaten and suffocated to death with plastic bags in the Garon’s Riverside Drive condo.

The 77-year-old former judge, his 73-year-old wife and Beniskos, 78, were found in a pool of blood on the living-room floor the day after the killings by a worried relative. Alban Garon had a plastic bag over his head, and a hangman’s noose around his neck.

After linking Bush to the killings in 2015, police searched his home and seized a toolkit for murder, which included duct tape, rubber gloves, a sawed-off rifle, ammunition and plastic bags.

Ottawa police also found a handwritten journal, anchored in the ramblings of a man who wrote that

Read more at: http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/05/17/ian-bush-found-guilty-of-three-counts-of-first-degree-murder-in-tax-judge-slaying

Ian Bush found guilty of three counts of first-degree murder in tax judge slaying

A man with a bitter hatred of the tax system has been convicted in the brutal killings of a retired tax judge, his wife and their neighbour, in one of Ottawa’s most high-profile slayings.

Ian Bush has been found guilty of three counts of first-degree murder in the slayings Alban Garon, his wife, Raymonde, and their neighbour, Marie-Claire Beniskos.

The verdict was delivered Wednesday in an Ottawa courtroom.

In 2007, the three were beaten and suffocated to death with plastic bags in the Garon’s Riverside Drive condo. 

The 77-year-old former judge, his 73-year-old wife and Beniskos, 78, were found in a pool of blood on the living-room floor the day after the killings by a worried relative. Alban Garon had a plastic bag over his head, and a hangman’s noose around his neck.

After linking Bush to the killings in 2015, police searched his home and seized a toolkit for murder, which included

Read more at: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ian-bush-found-guilty-of-three-counts-of-first-degree-murder-in-tax-judge-slaying

Father denies confessing to children’s murder

A FORMER security guard accused of murdering his two children by cutting their throats near the end of 2009 admitted after his arrest that he had killed the children, a police officer testified in the Windhoek High Court yesterday.

Detective sergeant Moses Shivolo told judge Nate Ndauendapo that Jonas Shinana (33) confessed to him on 28 December 2009 that he killed his two children and then wanted to end his own life, too, but failed.

Shinana allegedly made the confession four days after the bodies of his six-year-old son, Matheus Shinana, and three-year-old daughter, Emilia Naatye Shinana, were found at a bloody crime scene in his house in Wanaheda, Windhoek. The children’s throats had been slit. When the two children were found dead on the morning of 24 December 2009, Shinana was found lying next to them on a mattress with a piece of rope around his neck, after he had apparently

Read more at: http://www.namibian.com.na/54494/read/Father-denies-confessing-to-childrens-murder

Father denies confessing to children’s murder – The Namibian

A FORMER security guard accused of murdering his two children by cutting their throats near the end of 2009 admitted after his arrest that he had killed the children, a police officer testified in the Windhoek High Court yesterday.

Detective sergeant Moses Shivolo told judge Nate Ndauendapo that Jonas Shinana (33) confessed to him on 28 December 2009 that he killed his two children and then wanted to end his own life, too, but failed.

Shinana allegedly made the confession four days after the bodies of his six-year-old son, Matheus Shinana, and three-year-old daughter, Emilia Naatye Shinana, were found at a bloody crime scene in his house in Wanaheda, Windhoek. The children’s throats had been slit. When the two children were found dead on the morning of 24 December 2009, Shinana was found lying next to them on a mattress with a piece of rope around his neck, after he had apparently

Read more at: http://www.namibian.com.na/54494/read/Father-denies-confessing-to-childrens-murder