Author Archives: admin

Van Breda murder trial hears horrific evidence | The West Australian

Marli van Breda, the former Perth schoolgirl who survived a horrific family massacre, put up a big fight against the axe-wielding culprit, judging by the defensive wounds she suffered, a pathologist told a South African court.

Harrowing evidence emerged this week in the Western Cape High Court, including that it likely took nearly three hours for Marli’s oldest brother Rudi van Breda to succumb to his massive injuries.

Their other sibling, Henri van Breda, is standing trial, after pleading not guilty to murdering their parents Martin, 54, and Teresa, 55 and his 22-year-old brother Rudi as well as attempting to murder then-16-year-old Marli in the family’s home in the exclusive De Zalze estate in Stellenbosch in January 2015.

Forensic pathologist Dr Daphne Anthony said Marli had suffered multiple defensive wounds on her hands and

Read more at: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/van-breda-murder-trial-hears-horrific-evidence-ng-b88489270z

Van Breda murder trial hears horrific evidence

Marli van Breda, the former Perth schoolgirl who survived a horrific family massacre, put up a big fight against the axe-wielding culprit, judging by the defensive wounds she suffered, a pathologist told a South African court.

Harrowing evidence emerged this week in the Western Cape High Court, including that it likely took nearly three hours for Marli’s oldest brother Rudi van Breda to succumb to his massive injuries.

Their other sibling, Henri van Breda, is standing trial, after pleading not guilty to murdering their parents Martin, 54, and Teresa, 55 and his 22-year-old brother Rudi as well as attempting to murder then-16-year-old Marli in the family’s home in the exclusive De Zalze estate in Stellenbosch in January 2015.

Forensic pathologist Dr Daphne Anthony said Marli had suffered multiple defensive wounds on her hands and

Read more at: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/van-breda-murder-trial-hears-horrific-evidence-ng-b88489270z

Jury issues indictment for man accused of murder, burning body in Lincoln field

PROVIDENCE – On Wednesday, a Providence grand jury issued an indictment against a man accused of murder, dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire in a Lincoln field.

David DeLeon was charged with the murder of Dakota Gosselin last year, after Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016, in a field along Lincoln Meadows Drive.

DeLeon’s indictment includes the following charges:

• One count of murder
• Mutilation of a human body
• Discharge of a firearm while committing a crime of violence
• Failure to report a death
• Possession of a firearm without a license
• Possession with intent to deliver marijuana
• Possession of a firearm while in possession of a controlled substance

As reported previously by The Breeze, Gosselin’s body was found in a brushfire along Lincoln Meadows Drive by firefighters, and the medical examiner’s office later determined Gosselin died of a gunshot wound to the head.

He

Read more at: http://www.valleybreeze.com/2017-05-25/cumberland-lincoln-area/jury-issues-indictment-man-accused-murder-burning-body-lincoln

Grand jury indicts man accused of murder, burning body | WPRI 12 …

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — A Providence grand jury Wednesday handed out a murder indictment against a man accused of shooting and killing a man in the city last year, then dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire.

The indictment against David DeLeon includes a laundry list of charges, including one count of murder; one count of discharge of a firearm while committing a crime of violence; one count of failure to report a death; one count of possession of a firearm without a license; one count of possession with intent to deliver marijuana; one count of possession of a firearm while in possession of a controlled substance; and one count of mutilation of a human body.

The charges stem from the murder of Dakota Gosselin, 21, on Nov. 20, 2016.

Dakota Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016 in a vacant

Read more at: http://wpri.com/2017/05/24/grand-jury-indicts-man-accused-of-murder-burning-body/

Grand jury indicts man accused of murder, burning body

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — A Providence grand jury Wednesday handed out a murder indictment against a man accused of shooting and killing a man in the city last year, then dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire.

The indictment against David DeLeon includes a laundry list of charges, including one count of murder; one count of discharge of a firearm while committing a crime of violence; one count of failure to report a death; one count of possession of a firearm without a license; one count of possession with intent to deliver marijuana; one count of possession of a firearm while in possession of a controlled substance; and one count of mutilation of a human body.

The charges stem from the murder of Dakota Gosselin, 21, on Nov. 20, 2016.

Dakota Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016 in a vacant

Read more at: http://wpri.com/2017/05/24/grand-jury-indicts-man-accused-of-murder-burning-body/

Theresa May to demand answers from Donald Trump after US officials leaked photos from Manchester terror attack

FURIOUS Theresa May is to demand answers from Donald Trump after US officials leaked bloody crime scene photos of the Manchester bombing.

Fury erupted across Whitehall after details of the probe continued to slip out in Washington DC in defiance of Britain’s Home Secretary.

Donald Trump is set to get a telling off from Theresa May over the leaking of photos by US officials

Donald Trump is set to get a telling off from Theresa May over the leaking of photos by US officials

Theresa May will ask Donald Trump for an explanation at the NATO summit in Brussels

Theresa May will ask Donald Trump for an explanation at the NATO summit in Brussels

They include photos and diagrams from the scene that show how killer Salman Abedi, 22, was ripped in half by his own

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3643187/theresa-may-to-demand-answers-from-donald-trump-manchester-terror-attack/

‘Living nightmare:’ Hunted by alleged gang killers

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) – When he looked at the bloody crime scene, James Herzog knew this case wasn’t like so many others he’d worked. But he didn’t know it was the beginning of a living nightmare.

Or that it would become one that a growing number of law enforcement officers could relate to.

Roland Smith, 48, and his parents Arvin, 80, and Maxine Smith, 74, were found dead in their rural home on T.W. Bass Road in Jefferson Davis County after neighbors reported hearing gunshots and seeing intruders with flashlights at the home around 12:45 a.m.

Herzog, an investigator with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation at the time of the March 2012 homicides, was called in to investigate.

“It was a horrific, horrific scene. It was overkill,” Herzog said. “It wasn’t just killing someone, it was going beyond that.”

Roland Smith had been in some drug trouble, officials said, so the shootings were believed to

Read more at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/20/living-nightmare-hunted-by-alleged-gang-killers/