PROVIDENCE – On Wednesday, a Providence grand jury issued an indictment against a man accused of murder, dismembering the body and setting the remains on fire in a Lincoln field.
David DeLeon was charged with the murder of Dakota Gosselin last year, after Gosselin’s body was found Nov. 20, 2016, in a field along Lincoln Meadows Drive.
DeLeon’s indictment includes the following charges:
• One count of murder
• Mutilation of a human body
• Discharge of a firearm while committing a crime of violence
• Failure to report a death
• Possession of a firearm without a license
• Possession with intent to deliver marijuana
• Possession of a firearm while in possession of a controlled substance
As reported previously by The Breeze, Gosselin’s body was found in a brushfire along Lincoln Meadows Drive by firefighters, and the medical examiner’s office later determined Gosselin died of a gunshot wound to the head.